An end address condenser microphone, the M3 features a heavy-duty metal body, category leading low self-noise, three stage PAD (O, -10db, -20db), a battery status LED and a High Pass Filter.
Featuring a heavy duty metal body and internally shock mounted 1/2″ condenser capsule mounted for end-address, the M3 can be used in the studio, on stage or on location. The M3 is great as a vocal microphone, guitar microphone, drum microphone or presenter microphone.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources such as a guitar amplifier or drum. A high-pass filter, selectable on the microphone power switch introduces a filter at 80Hz to reduce low frequency sounds and handling noise.
The M3 also comes complete with windshield, stand mount and case and can be powered via a 9V battery or 24-48V Phantom.
“The M3 is hard to fault. It’s versatile, projects an open midrange tone… and comes shipped as a total package that’s competitively priced.” Audio Technology
“A well engineered microphone that is capable of handling just about anything, with a remarkable degree of competence for the price.” Sound on Sound Magazine
“The RØDE M3 offers respectable performance for studio recording, live applications and recording direct to a computer.” Huw Price, Music Tech Magazine
- Rugged metal body
- Internal capsule shock mount
- Switchable High-Pass Filter @ 80Hz-12dB/Oct
- Three step PAD – Flat, -10dB and -20dB
- Low handling noise
- Heat treated high strength head mesh
- 9V battery power or 24/48V phantom power
- Battery status indicator
- Power: P48 (48V), P24 (24V) phantom supply or 9V battery
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 200Ω
- Signal noise ratio: 73 dB SPL (A – weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 21 dB SPL (A – weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 142dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum output voltage: +9.22dBu (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -40 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (10 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 390gm